Downtown Development Districts (DDD) Rebate Program
The Downtown Development Districts Act was created to leverage state resources in a limited number of designated areas in Delaware's cities and towns to:
- spur private capital investment in commercial business districts and other neighborhoods;
- stimulate job growth and improve the commercial vitality of our cities and towns; and
- help build a stable community of long-term residents in our downtowns and other neighborhoods.
Under this Act, funding was allocated through the General Assembly to DSHA for the purpose of establishing and administering the DDD Rebate Program. Investors who make Qualified Real Property Investments (QRPI) to commercial, industrial, residential, and mixed-use buildings or facilities may apply to DSHA for a DDD Rebate.
To be Eligible to Apply for a DDD Rebate
- The QRPI must be made within the boundary of a designated DDD.
- The QRPI must be made in conformance with the approved District plan.
- The QRPI must be in excess of the required Minimum Qualified Investment Threshold (MQIT).
- The QRPI must be made after the date the real property location is officially incorporated within the boundary of a designated District.
- The Investor must meet site control requirements (e.g. legal title, sales agreement, or owner's consent).
Learn more about Delaware's DDD Program
StoryMap: View an interactive map with details about each district’s unique character and assets. Get details on DDD projects that have received rebates or are in the pipeline and see photos of the project sites. The StoryMap was developed in cooperation with the University of Delaware’s Institute of Public Administration and the Office of State Planning Coordination.
Centralized DDD Incentives Site The Office of State Planning Coordination maintains this website, which includes information on all available incentives from state and local partners. Available incentives include DDD rebates, Delaware Historic Tax Credits, bridge loans, expedited permitting, funding for architectural and engineering work, property tax abatements and more.
- January 11, 2015 The Governor announced the initial three DDD Districts: Dover, Seaford and Wilmington.
- August 10, 2016 The Governor announced five additional DDD Districts: Georgetown, Harrington, Laurel, Milford and Smyrna.
- August 19, 2019 The Governor announced four additional DDD Districts: City of New Castle, Clayton, Delaware City, and Middletown.
The corresponding District Plans for the newly designated Districts will serve as the focal point for coordinated action by state, local, and private entities. To access District Plans and Maps for each of the designated Districts, please use the links below:
SMALL Project Set-Aside *
$70,000 per building or facility
LARGE Project Set-Aside
$2,000,000 per building or facility
* Approximate balance. Applications processed daily.
Please refer to the program guidelines below for additional information on set-asides and available funding.
How to Apply
Please refer to the DDD Rebate Program Guidelines, which can be found below, for details on available funding, how to apply, important dates and deadlines, eligibility requirements, and the DDD Rebate process.
- Large Project Reservation Applications: Due January 28, 2022 by no later than 4:00 p.m.
- Small Project Rebate Applications: Accepted on a rolling basis, subject to funding availability.
Fall 2021 DDD Funding Round
Please download and review the documents below to learn more about the DDD Rebate Program, to obtain forms, and to determine if you qualify.
DDD Rebate Program Guidelines and Applications
- DDD Rebate Program Guidelines
- Small Project Rebate Application Checklist
- Large Project Rebate Application Checklist
- Large Project Reservation Application Checklist
- Project Description/Conformity to District Plan Form
- Qualified Real Property Investment Worksheet
- Certification of Application
- Multiple-Owner Form (includes Coordination Form)
- Tenant Owner Consent Form (includes Coordination Form)
- Blank Fillable W-9 Form
- Large Project Progress Report
- Large Project CPA Attestation Guidelines and Forms
Please contact DSHA for current CPA Attestation guidelines and forms.
(SusanE@destatehousing.com or 302.739.4263)
If you are having trouble viewing or downloading any of the documents or forms, please contact DSHA to have the documents sent to you via e-mail.
DDD Large Project Reservation Awards
- Funding Round 13, Spring 2021 – Awards Announced June 2021
- Funding Round 12, Fall 2020 – Awards Announced January 2021
- Funding Round 11, Spring 2020 – Awards Announced July 2020
- Funding Round 10, Fall 2019 – Awards Announced February 2020
- Funding Round 9, Spring 2019 – Awards Announced July 2019
- Funding Round 8, Fall 2018 – Awards Announced February 2019
- Funding Round 7, Spring 2018 – Awards Announced June 2018
- Funding Round 6, Fall 2017 – Awards Announced February 2018
- Funding Round 5, Spring 2017 – Awards Announced June 2017
- Funding Round 4, Fall 2016 – Awards Announced January 2017
- Funding Round 3, Spring 2016 – Awards Announced June 2016
- Funding Round 2, Fall 2015 – Awards Announced January 2016
- Funding Round 1, January 2015 – Awards Announced April 2015
DDD Annual Report
- 2015 DDD Annual Report
- 2016 DDD Annual Report
- 2017 DDD Annual Report
- 2018 DDD Annual Report
- 2019 DDD Annual Report
- 2020 DDD Annual Report
DSHA Contact Person
Do you have questions about this program? Would you like to suggest an improvement to this Web page? Please contact Susan Eliason at 302.739.4263.