Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers - Kent/Sussex Counties
DSHA offers a Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program for DSHA-approved private rental residency. This program, offered in Kent and Sussex Counties, offers housing subsidies to eligible low-income individuals and families to rent existing, privately-owned dwelling units from participating landlords. The Delaware State Housing Authority administers 902 vouchers.
How To Apply
- Make sure you (the tenant) meet all tenant requirements.
- Call a DSHA Contact to begin the application process.
- You may download an application DSHA Public Housing / Section 8 Application
- or you can use Delaware State Housing Authority's Online Application process for assisted rental housing.
- Participants must enroll (or be enrolled) in the Moving to Work (MTW) program.
- Participants pay 30-35% of their income for rent and utilities. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development subsidizes the balance of the rent.
- Households whose gross incomes do not exceed 80% of the area median income may qualify for this program.
- Working families, elderly (62 or over) and the disabled receive preference.
- Applicants who reside in Kent or Sussex County have priority on the waiting list.
A list of units and Landlord contact information can be found at http://www.delawarehousingsearch.org or call 1-877-428-8844.
Would you like to participate in this program? Do you have questions about this program? Would you like to suggest an improvement to this Web page? Please contact a DSHA representative:
- Christopher Whaley, Director of Housing Management, at 302.739.7419
- Public Information Office at 302.739.4263
- Waiting List Office (Liberty Court) at 302.739 .6940