As of December 31, 2020, the Delaware Housing Assistance Program (DE HAP) is not currently accepting new applications from the general public. New rental assistance funded by the recent relief bill is expected to be available in early 2021; availability and program changes will be announced on this webpage in the coming weeks once details are finalized.
Applications must be submitted by the property owner/manager, including documentation from the tenant to confirm their eligibility. Property
owners or managers can find required forms below and the
portal here. Forms can also be downloaded from within the portal.
Please use the Document Checklist to ensure you have all required documents. Applications that are missing required forms or if required forms are not signed where indicated cannot be approved and will be reopened for edits.
- DE HAP Tenant Application Form (NEW)
- DE HAP Employer Verification (English)
- DE HAP Self-Employment Verification (English)
- DE HAP Tenant Application Form (Español)
- DE HAP Employer Verification (Español)
- DE HAP Self-Employment Verification (Español)
- DE HAP Tenant Authorization to Release Information (kreyòl ayisyen)
- DE HAP Income Self-Certification (kreyòl ayisyen)
- DE HAP Employer Verification (kreyòl ayisyen)
- DE HAP Self-Employment Verification (kreyòl ayisyen)
Alternative Application Packet
For landlords who may have difficulty or barriers using the online application portal, an alternative application packet is available. Please note this must be submitted by mail and all pieces must be included, both landlord and tenant documents.
Applications submitted with this alternative packet may have additional processing time and property owners/managers who can use the portal to submit should not use this alternative. The required documents are below.