Go to Homeownership Page
Homeownership Loan Program
DSHA offers first mortgage financing at below-market interest rates to qualified Delaware homebuyers.
Welcome Home loans provide financing to first time homebuyers while the Home Again program is available for repeat
homebuyers. Contact a participating lender for current rates. All first mortgage products are
available with downpayment and closing cost assistance if needed by using a Second Mortgage Assistance Loan (SMAL)
or Advantage 3. Available first mortgage products include:
- FHA, VA RDA 30 year fixed rate loans.
- Conventional* 30 year fixed rate loans.
* Conventional Loan financing requires a 1% Conventional Loan Delivery fee.
How To Apply
- Contact a participating mortgage lender and say you want to participate in this program.
- Ensure the property you want to purchase meets all property requirements.
- Understand the loan terms, contract requirements, and related details.
- Please view Home Buyers'
Throughout this page the terms "targeted areas" and "non-targeted areas" are used. Different qualification
requirements apply if a targeted or non-targeted area is selected by a borrower. You can see if the property you want to purchase is in a
targeted area by clicking on a Census Tract number below.
- Targeted areas include the following Census Tracts:
- New Castle County:
Or, see all tracts.
- Kent County:
Or, see the CT 411 area.
- Sussex County: none at this time
- To see if your selected property is in a qualified targeted area census tract, please click
Map Legend Definitions
- ROC Target Areas: Additional Downpayment & Settlement Assistance Available via ROC
- HLP Target Areas: Higher Income and Purchase Price Limits Apply for HLP
Maximum household income for eligibility are as follows:
||1 or 2 Person Households
||3 or More Person Households
|Kent & Sussex
To qualify, a property's purchase price cannot exceed:
||Type of Loan
||Type of Home
Delaware banks and other financial institutions may apply to DSHA to become approved lenders to originate
below-market interest rate first mortgages.
Participating Mortgage Lenders
Once you know you have met all requirements for this program, contact the lender of your choice.
Do you have questions about this program? Please contact DSHA toll-free at (888) 363-8808 or via email at ContactDSHA@DeStateHousing.com.